Salt-free, low-sodium and PATRIOTIC potato chips!

I stopped by Trader Joe’s yesterday to pick up a few things. It was insanely busy – far busier than I’ve seen it before (which is saying a lot) and the parking lot was just shy of bedlam. I grabbed a hand basket, a trick I always employ to keep myself on budget, and started navigating the full-to-bursting aisles. Organic low-sodium vegetable broth: check. Roasted Tomato Salsa: check. Unsalted Tortilla Chips: check. But WAIT — what’s this????

My eyes lingered over the words “UNSALTED” “POTATO CHIPS” and “RED GOLD AND BLUE” !

I’ve written about my love of potato chips before. From Lightly Salted Pringles, to Utz, Terra, and Chifles. Finding good snackage on a low-sodium diet can be HARD, so when something great pops up – it’s time to share!

Trader Joe’s Unsalted Potato Trio are the bomb. Thick-cut, crunchy, satisfying, and absolutely delicious with ZERO milligrams sodium per serving!! My only complaint? The bag is too small. My daughters and I fought over these; next trip I’m buying extra. And at a mere $1.99 per bag, I can afford to indulge. Perhaps I’ll get a push cart?

This entry was posted in Low sodium products and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Salt-free, low-sodium and PATRIOTIC potato chips!

1. Herb says:

Cool, I’m glad they brought these back. They stopped stocking these chips around the beginning of the year. Time to head to TJ’s and stock up.

2. Amber says:

I’m sure I always look like a crazy lady when I stock up with 6 (sometimes more) bags of the Kettle Brand Unsalted potato chips or Boulder Canyon’s 60% less sodium chips. We are some potato chip lovin’ fools here.

3. Katerina says:

I love potato chips and these look irresistible and shape friendly!

4. Lucy says:

A definite must have. Trader Joes, here I come. Thanks for the heads up.

5. I’ve yet to come across the potato chip I didn’t like… but it looks like these are healthy enough to like me back, too! Win and win!

I’ll have to look for these the next time I’m at Trader Joe’s. Our local Raley’s sells Tim’s unsalted chips, and I usually buy every bag available the particular day I’m shopping. A few days ago I picked up 7 bags! The unsalted potato chips are our go-to mid-afternoon snack.

So glad to share (though as I warn my daughters HANDS OFF THE BAG!!!)

LOL

8. Marty says:

When you get the Trader Joe’s unsalted chips, don’t forget the fire roasted NO SALT salsa!!
    Trader Joe’s is coming to the Rochester, NY area. I can’t wait.

TJs salsa is the BEST!!! Love love love that stuff.

PS: Huge congrats on getting a store near you; I know what a challenge that can be and am BEYOND grateful to finally have one here in Portland Maine.

9. Elena says:

We will FINALLY get a Trader’s Joe’s in Austin next year. Can’t come soon enough! I ve been having to ask my sister to ship me some of their stuff. ha…

MAN, I can’t believe they aren’t in Austin yet! Congrats Elena, you’ll find yourself at TJs weekly (if not more) and your sister’s postage bill will plummet, I’m sure! hahahh

Mark the calendar!

10. Warren says:

They discontinued these!!! I am so bummed. Found out from an employee tonight at the TJ’s in San Jose.

Hey Warren! Yep I found out too that they’re a seasonal item – already looking forward to next summer’s release and seriously hoping they’ll be bringing them back!!!

11. marlyn seidman says:

where can I buy Trio Potato chips?? Trader Joe has discontinued them.

12. Nathan Lee says:

It is middle-late 2016 and they still have not brought these back. These were amazing and I can’t find a substitute. So sad :(