Kick the Can! Homemade Low-Sodium Soups that ROCK

Do you know how hard it is to make salt-free soup taste not just meh, but AMAZING?!!

I do.

I spent the past 4 weeks attempting this on a daily basis.

When I won the Mom Central grant 6 months ago, my biggest goal was to self-publish a cookbook of low-sodium recipes – in part to help support this website, but also to show the world just how delicious salt-free food can be.

I am so pleased to share this book with you. The fruits of my labor. The low-sodium soup of my soul.

Although the book is short (only 20 pages) it contains 16 of the tastiest salt-free soups imaginable, something for every season, moment and mood. From sweet to savory, simple broth to the chunkiest chowder. Beef, chicken, fish and vegetables. Tempeh and tofu.

Did you know you can eat soup for breakfast? You can! and enjoy it too.

And these soups aren’t just salt-free, the bulk of them are also low-fat or fat free!

If you want to be WOWED by just how wonderful homemade soup can be, please do us both a favor and BUY MY BOOK!

Thank you!!

This entry was posted in From the Kitchen and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Kick the Can! Homemade Low-Sodium Soups that ROCK

1. Sandi says:

Congratulations!! Love. love, the title!

2. Congratulations! That is so awesome, and it looks great!!!

Thank you! Thank you!!! :)

4. Kate Howard says:

Looking forward to your book’s arrival. I’m sure it will be the best Christmas present to myself. Of course, when I make soup I make enough to share with neighbors. Perhaps I can drum up sales for your Kick The Can among my contacts using my donation to their lunch table. Good luck with this endeavor. Kate

5. That’s AWESOME, Dishy!
    Sounds like so much work, but it really does look amazing!

Kate, that is SO KIND of you!!! Thanks so much & I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks so much, Inky – now when is YOUR book coming out..??! :)

8. Pingback: Low Sodium Recipe Gift Idea: Kick the Can! by Christy Ellingsworth

9. donuts4dinner says:

Soup for breakfast?! Now there’s something I’ve never considered. It’s really hard for me to get interested in anything savory for breakfast, but a soup might be just mild and creamy enough.

Huh. This cookbook might be life-changing.

Yes siree Katie! Not just one, but 2 soups suited for breakfast! As a smoothie addict, it was inevitable. lol

A note I just received from Blurb:

Blurb is here to help take the pain out of the last-minute rush for gifts. Order two or more books by December 17 and save 25%. Just use the promo code REDHAT at checkout.

Merry Christmas!