It’s a low sodium fiesta at Trader Joe’s!

Trader Joe’s has done it again!

I’ve been making tacos a lot lately and have been going through mucho taco shells. During my latest trip to Trader Joe’s I discovered they sell taco shells for a mere $1.99 per package!! They’re everything you want in a taco shell – aka, pure deliciousness – PLUS they’re sodium free, gluten free, vegan, kosher and organic!!

And don’t forget the SALSA!

Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa contains a mere 30 mg sodium per serving and is a perfect, all-around salsa. Great for dipping and adding to recipes, full of flavor (with NO ADDED SALT!) and mild enough for everyone.

Like spice? Try Trader Jose’s Chipotle Salsa. Fiery and fabulous, with only 40 mg sodium per serving. And did I mention they also sell organic unsalted tortilla chips? Oh yesss.

I’m not a cheapskate, but 4 people + 1 income = Mandatory Budgeting. I walked out of Trader Joe’s with tortilla chips, two different jars of salsa, and a box a taco shells for under 10 bucks. YOU HEARD ME. LESS THAN TEN BUCKS. All low sodium, all delicious, and ALL MINE. Olé, Trader Jose. Olé!

This entry was posted in Low sodium products and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to It’s a low sodium fiesta at Trader Joe’s!

I haven’t tried the chipotle salsa yet. The other no sodium salsa is a pantry staple for me. So great for so many dishes. I’m with you — Trader Joe’s has some wonderful low sodium products at absolutely unbelievable prices. I make a trip at least once a month.

My husband prefers the chipotle to the roasted tomato b/c of the added heat, but both are excellent. LOVE me some trader joe’s!!

PS: thanks so much again for the heads-up re: Coconut Aminos, Shambo. I’ve been using it interchangeably w/ Braggs and it’s great stuff. :)

2. Honey Lindgren says:

I was shopping there recently and found several new low-sodium and sodium-free items that I hadn’t seen before including a loaf of sodium free whole wheat bread that is delicious. Yay for Trader Joe’s!! And, on another note, a big loud BOO to Terra Chips for discontinuing all of their salt-free options. They had a wonderful salt-free BBQ that was delicious and a salt-free lemon pepper. No longer being made. Boo to them.

The Terra Chips drop was SUCH a let down. W/ more people than ever having to watch their sodium, I can’t understand why they stopped making those chips either. They were so darn good.

Trader Joe’s thin wheat bread is delish!! I love toasting it lightly and smearing with garlicky hummus and a little bit of the Trader Joe’s roasted red pepper eggplant spread (50 mg per serving). SOOGOOD!

3. Leah says:

Lots of people say that Trader Joe’s has sodium free bread, but ours (Portland, OREGON) does not. I wish so much that they would. Whole Foods has also been adding more Salt-Free items. Thank goodness I live in a place with easy access to these stores.

Hah – LOVE the OREGON addendum. LOL

Yes, you definitely are lucky living someplace with choice. I’ve been hearing from more people about how difficult (if not impossible) it is finding salt-free low-sodium products locally. I noticed moving from Philly to Portland MAINE how much harder it was. I was elated when Trader Joe’s opened a store here finally (!!!) it’s such a godsend.

PS: about the bread, you should ask! They’ve been incredibly responsive to me when I’ve raised questions or asked about products. Please keep us posted.

4. Looks crunch-tastic, Dishy!

5. Sandi says:

Oh girl, thanks for posting this. Trader Joe’s only came to our area within the past couple of weeks. Loooving it!

Thanks for the kind words recently, nice to be appreciated ;) I plan on being around more now. I’m finally figuring out what it takes to maneuver through the whole blogging thing, and it’s a TON. Talk more soon!

I can appreciate trying to find balance! I went from being swamped by the book to my new full-time job as summer cruise director. My daughters bore easily. I’m thanking GOD for sunny days! lol

I found a few more TJ’s low-so goodies; will post soon!

Happy weekend, my friend!

6. judy mckrell says:

is tj a store that you can go into and buy food! i live in pa and never heard of this!

Hi Judy!

Yes, Trader Joe’s (TJ’s) is a specialty grocery with stores across the country. They sell lots of low sodium products, at very reasonable prices. I absolutely LOVE them. For location/s near you, check the TJ’s website!

Good luck!

7. Tish Gardner says:

Trader Joes has a list (you can get it from the customer service desk I believe and also on line) of all low salt or no salt products. They also have one for low fat and gluten free I believe.

8. Kate sweet says:

link to low sodium products does not work- do you have a list you could email me?

9. Angelo Keyes says:

Thank You for this post! I LOVE the low sodium salsas!